About CarinaCarina joined Chambers in October 2015 following successful completion of her pupillage.
Prior to undertaking pupillage with Chambers Carina worked as an In-House Advocate for a national firm of solicitors. In that role she appeared in the County Court undertaking Small Claims trials and applications as well as advising on all matters of personal injury including quantum and liability.
Practice profileCarina practises criminal law. She mainly prosecutes and has a strong practice prosecuting in the Magistrates, Youth and Crown courts across London and the South East. Carina has particular experience in prosecuting matters of domestic violence and prides herself on her witness care. She will always make the time to talk to her witnesses and put them at ease so they can give their best evidence. She also has substantial experience dealing with child witnesses and applies her friendly personality to the role.
- R v K (2015) – Sexual Assault on a 15 year old victim in a position of trust at Highbury Magistrates Court
- R v H, C and H (2015) – Three handed Assault by beating with a cut throat defence at Highbury Youth Court
- R v D (2015) – Three racially aggravated assaults resulting in Hospital Order at Highbury Magistrates Court
- R v K (2015) – Successful prosecution on a Dangerous Driving matter at the Old Bailey involving the defence of mistaken identity
- R v K (2016) – Assault by beating at Wimbledon Magistrates Court involving domestic abuse over a two year period with the sole evidence coming from the testimony of an 8 year old boy
Education and TrainingLLB (Hons) – Sheffield University
BPTC – BPP Law School, London